Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crash Course Response

After watching the Crash Course video I was distressed to think this one person could figure out that our country and world are not doing well (to put it nicely). Though he stayed positive, I cannot see how we can keep doing what we're doing and still have a world to live in and function in in twenty years.
I was also filled with uncertainty, not for myself but for children today. I don't have any children myself but I can't even imagine bringing a child into this world even in the next few years. The world is so unstable that it makes me wonder if there will be a livable world for our children to live in twenty years down the line.
I was also constantly asking the DVD (Chris M.) what can I do as an individual? The feeling of hopelessness filled me as I thought that that I am just one person in the midst of millions and millions of people world-wide. I felt like no matter what I would do as an individual, it wouldn't matter. Yet Chris was still upbeat!
At the very end of the DVD I had some hope and even curiosity as to what will actually happen in twenty years. With the rapid decline Chris showed us I sincerely hope those in power will realize VERY DRASTIC things need to happen in order to make our future and the future of our children a good future.

2 comments:

  1. I am afraid for the children of the future as well...how are we supposed to fix so many of these problems before they get worse... or are we too late??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am very concerned for the economic well-being of our children, well the children that I do not have (yet) that is.
    You're right. Chris was very upbeat considering the terrible information he was explaining. That calms me a little and slightly reassures me that things will be O.K. I completely agree with your perspective of the DVD and the changes that need to come.

    Laurin;
    I'm not sure how we can fix these problems, but hopefully we are not too late!!

    ReplyDelete